In this issue:
- Extender Bill Passes
- Peer-to-peer Lending Goes Public
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates
- Getting Organized for 2014 Tax Filing
The Month of January:
- January 15th:
- 4th quarter estimated tax payment due
- Action Items:
- Start gathering 2014 tax information
- Review 2015 W-2 withholdings
- Set 2015 financial goals
With the flip of a switch, a number of tax provisions that expired at the end of 2013 are now back on for 2014 tax returns. Outlined this month is a list of the more common laws that have been extended for 2014, but are off once again in 2015. Also included are the mileage rates for use in 2015, a general interest article describing the increasingly popular peer-to-peer lending phenomena, and a quick recap of things to consider as you start gathering your 2014 tax records.
Should you wish to review your situation please feel free to call. Also feel free to forward this newsletter to someone who may benefit from this information.