In this Issue:
- New Tax Legislation Requires Planning
- Your New Life as a Pass-Through Entity Owner: An initial look at the new business deduction
- Taxes and Virtual Currencies: What you need to know
- How to Navigate the World of Crowdfunding
- Feb. 14th: Valentine's Day
- Feb. 15th: Employer deadline to adopt new withholding schedule
- Feb. 19th: Presidents' Day
- Reminders: • Receive all 1099s and W-2s • Set up tax appointment • Rebalance Investment Portfolios
As your mailbox fills up with the forms you need to file your 2017 returns, you may already be thinking ahead to how tax reform legislation will impact you in 2018. This newsletter outlines seven issues resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to think about after the 2017 tax season. The new tax rules affecting small businesses are also explored in detail here, as well as some guidelines for virtual currencies like Bitcoin. Also included: a primer on the current world of crowdfunding, both for entertainment and for entrepreneurs who want to try it themselves.
Should you wish to review your situation please feel free to call. Also feel free to forward this newsletter to someone who may benefit from this information.