DiSabatino CPA Blog

Mike DiSabatino CPA

1 minute reading time (202 words)

Need old tax records? You have options


If you’re trying to track down past tax documents and other important IRS transcripts, you’re in luck.

Tax return transcripts for the current tax year and the prior three years (10 years for account transcripts) are available from the IRS and free. They can be viewed online or sent to your home. They typically serve as acceptable forms of proof of income for loans, mortgages and financial aid.

If you’re looking for other records besides returns, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) document request is probably want you need. This is a good place to start if you have past due tax returns that need to be filed or are at odds with the IRS regarding an audit decision.

  As always, feel free to pass this Tip along to friends, and reach out if you need help with your personal tax and finance situation.

DiSabatino CPA
Michael DiSabatino
651 Via Alondra Suite 715
Camarillo, CA 93012
Phone: 805-389-7300

This DiSabatino CPA Quick Tip provides thought invoking information regarding the subject matter at time of publishing. Please call with any questions on how this information may impact your situation. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed without permission, except as noted here. All rights reserved.

It's Your (and the IRS's) Lucky Day! You won a pri...
Do you have deductible bad business debt?

Related Posts


Speed Up Your Success!

Contact Us Today: 1-805-389-7300

© 2006-2018 Michael DiSabatino, CPA. All Rights Reserved.